Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Drawing of Syd Davy

This Drawing is one that will be close to me for many many years. I haven't drawn anything in the past 6 years before I started this one of Syd. What inspired me was a drawing my mother drew for me when I was young of  the great Viking player Cris Carter. Now your probably thinking that she drew it for me when I was young how come just now it inspired you. Well here's the story. Around a month ago (September of 2012) I recently started a twitter account and followed Cris Carter. I sent him a tweet of the drawing and asked him if it was possible to have him sign it. Its forever been a dream of mine to have him sign it for me. He then soon later got back to me saying he would and gave me his mailing address. It is currently now at his place being signed and will be sent back to me soon. So after all that I caught myself just staring at the drawing before I sent it off and told myself I really want to do this again. So I started thinking of some ideas to draw. I thought of tree's, animals, cars, and then it hit me. I want to draw something that had to do with the Vikings so I started surfing the Internet when I saw it, Syd Davy, It was perfect. I knew it would be special because my whole life I knew who Syd was as the face of all Viking Fans. Once I began the drawing I knew it was going to turn out great and it did. Ever since the completion of it I continued on drawing other VWO (Viking World Order) members and starting a nice collection of them.



Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PurplePrideStud

No comments:

Post a Comment